There are many reasons why you should get car insurance and why it is important for your financial well being. Here we can list off the top 5 reasons why you should have car insurance:
- Financial protection – you need to realize that your car is one of the most expensive investments you are going to make within your life and you should take care of that investment and protect it. Insurance is imperative as a simple fender bender can set you back Thousands of rands.
- Cover damage – Many car insurance companies have built in services which assists you like roadside assistance, glass repair and more.
- Added Services = transport – If you happen to be in an accident you need to make sure you are covered and have means of transport, an accredited insurance company will have standby vehicles for you to use.
- Accredited panel shops/ repair centre – if you happen to get into an accident you will need to have your vehicle repaired and non so much as having it repaired, you need have it done right with the right technicians on hand to assist.
- Peace of mind – having car insurance gives you peace of mind in the event that something does happen, you know you are going to be covered. The bigger picture will see a weather event such as hail, flood damage and more. Have peace of mind that if something does happen you have the right car insurance to cover you.
Car insurance is a must and each and every person does not have it making driving on South African roads even more dangerous than what it already is. Make sure you have comprehensive cover so that in the event of anything happening to you or your car you can have peace of mind that you are covered. If you are seeking car insurance and want competitive car insurance quotes you can look no further than TheInsuranceGuru.co.za!
Car Insurance, or Motor Insurance is basically insurance which protects the insured against losses involving the policy holder in the event of an accident. Various coverages may be bought depending on the desires of the insured.
Car Insurance Premium
The price an insurance company charges for coverage, based on the frequency and cost of potential accidents, theft and other losses. Prices vary from company to company within South Africa.
Premiums also vary depending on the amount and type of coverage purchased; the make and model of the car; and the insured’s driving record, years of driving and where the car is kept. Other factors taken into account include the driver’s age and gender, where the car is most likely to be driven and the times of day.
Comprehensive Car Insurance
For damage to the policyholder’s car that doesn’t involve a collision with another car. Covered risks include fire, theft, falling objects, missiles, explosion, earthquake, flood, riot, “acts of God” and civil unrest.
Sheet metal parts that are most often damaged in a car crash.
Generic Auto Parts
Auto crash parts produced by firms that are not associated with car manufacturers. Insurers consider these parts, when certified, at least as good as those that come from the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). They are often cheaper than the identical part produced by the OEM.
Does cheap car insurance exist? Our spending is out pacing our income. Money is tight and trying to save becomes more difficult every day. Most of the time the best way to save is right under our noses, like car insurance. You have the upper hand when it comes to car insurance companies as there are many that are eager to have you as a client. After doing some of your own research you will gain some knowledge on what type of insurance will best suit you. If you already belong to an insurance company then ask them for a better deal, they might just give you a cheaper option to keep doing business with you.
Here are some tips that might help you save on car insurance.
- A great way to have cheap car insurance is to carpool. Most insurance companies charge less for people who drive less as their risk for an accident is much less than someone who is on the road most of the time. The less you drive the fewer miles you are collecting and your insurance rates will be much less.
- Ensure that your airbags have been installed properly as well as other safety mechanisms. Install anti-theft devices to make sure that your car is as safe as it can be. This will lower your risk for insurance claims which makes it cheaper to insure you.
- Keep up with your car’s maintenance. Look after your car properly, make sure it is running properly and it is up to date. This will keep your claims down to a minimum.
- Buying a used car is a lot cheaper than buying a brand new car. Insurance companies also like insuring second hand cars. Second hand cars don’t have as much retail value as a brand new car making it cheaper to insure. Insurance companies charge a premium for brand new cars.
These are just a few tips to help you find a cheap car insurance that suits you best.
There are many types of car insurance policies. Knowing which one is for you is one of the hardest parts other than trying to understand car insurance itself. Know the different types of car insurances available and do some research. The more you know, the better your find will be.
Personal Injury Protection. This type of car insurance covers any injuries or costs due to a car accident. It may also cover rehabilitation, lost earrings, funeral, and child care or any type of service like that.
Medical Payments. This type of car insurance pays for any necessary medical costs and funeral expenses needed to be paid for the person(s) injured due to a car accident.
Collision. This type of car insurance helps pay for any damage caused by a car accident due to a collision with an object, a collision with another car or a car rollover. With this, a deductible is required.
Comprehensive insurance. This type of car insurance helps pay for or cover loss of property or damage due to a car accident. This car insurance does not cover a car that has had a collision with another car or a collision with an object or a car rollover. For example if your car has any damage due to wind, hail, rain, theft, flood, hitting an animal or a flood, your car will be covered by this car insurance.
Uninsured motorist. This type of car insurance will cover an injured person that is not covered by any type of car insurance by the person that is insured with this particular car insurance policy.
Rental reimbursement. This type of car insurance will cover any rental costs that may have had to take place due to a person not being able to use their own car due to a car injury or accident.
There are many more car insurance policies.
Do not eat food
If you have to eat something then find a rest stop or eat something small so you are still in control of your car. Eating a huge burger while driving is as bad as talking on your cell phone. You are distracted and are not in control of your surroundings.
Talking on your Cell phone
A cell phone is a distraction practically any time you use it so using it while you are driving becomes a potentially fatal distraction. If you are one of those people that need to be on the phone while you are driving then get one of those Bluetooth headsets or put your phone on speaker. You will notice your car will begin to swerve and you will either speed or slowdown. Next thing you know people are hooting at you to get back in your lane. Talking on your cell phone while driving and that being a cause of the accident makes you naked when car insurance is involved. They will probably not cover you.
Texting While Driving
Trying to text and drive is so dangerous and almost impossible but I have seen people do it. I think it is worse that talking on your phone as you have to look at your phone and with one hand you have to type (some people need two hands). The amount of concentration lost while typing is insane. If they have texted you then it’s probably not that urgent anyway. It is the same with talking on your cell phone to a car insurance company.
Don’t Drink and Drive (Alcoholic)
The biggest thing that a driver should not do is drink any type of alcoholic beverage while driving. This also applies to drinking right before deciding to drive home from some club or party. If you have plans to go out make a plan to take a cab home or let on of your friends or even yourself be the sober designated driver. Drinking and driving kills, simple as that. Hundreds die every day from drunk drivers.
Statistics show that in 2008, over 37% of all driving related deaths were due to alcohol related fatalities. Still, 37% is way too much.
By eliminating these few risks and more you are making the road a better and safer place for yourself and the public to use. Take careful care when reading the small print of your car insurance policy
Insurance is not an easy game to play a part in. With the ever-increasing costs of vehicles and the huge amount of insurance policies, programs and companies making themselves available, trying to take out a comprehensive, cost-effective car insurance policy isn’t that easy. Here, at The Insurance Guru, we provide you with the sound and solid advice and tips you’ll need to find the best car insurance for you and your needs.
- Make sure you plan ahead, and plan well. Avoid running out of petrol, keep your keys on you at all times, try to not leave the car unattended in unsavory places. Do all you can to avoid even needing to claim, the better you look after the car, the lower your premiums may be and the less chance you’ll have a need to make a claim.
- When renting a car, you need to pay an insurance charge on that vehicle for the time you use it, and some policies will cover that cost in them. However convenient, don’t take this option, and rather pay the insurance costs directly to the rental company as and when you need to. This will save a lot of money!
- Make sure that when and if you decide to add extra’s to the car, like stereo’s, spoilers etc, that you know these won’t always be covered by your plan. You could add R5000 worth of accessories to your vehicle, but only claim back R1000. Be careful of this and do your research!
- Take a defensive or advanced driving course, these kinds of programs will do wonders for lowering your premiums.
Car insurance is a very important, and sometimes very expensive necessity, that we all need to tackle at one time or another. Follow all our tips and tricks and the sometimes daunting world of car insurance can be made a little less terrifying!
As more and more cars are entering our roads and the prices of fuel climbing to record highs , more and more people are looking to get themselves a motorcycle to travel to work and home, added the convenience of not sitting in bumper to bumper traffic.
There are custom motorbike insurance packages setup especially for those bikers who uses the bike instead of the car to commute to work and home. If you finance the motorcycle through a financial institution you would be required to get cover to qualify when buying the bike.
It is easy to get a cheap Motorcycle insurance package from us, all you have to do is fill out the form and be assured that you will be getting the very best insurance package which suits your pocket and needs.
- Your cover will include South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland and Zimbabwe, so long as the bike is used for social uses or to go to work and back, special cover is needed for track bikers.
There are many Car insurance companies whom offers you a fixed car insurance premium. There are many reasons why you should select to opt for a fixed premium but the most important bit is that you will not have any unexpected billings or increases.
There are some car insurance companies whom offers to annually DECREASE your premium, like King Price Insurance , the reason for doing this is, your car does not increase with value each year, unless you have a classic, so why should your car insurance premium increase? They have a very limited niche in the insurance market as currently there is no other south african car insurance company which offers this. You do have a no claims bonus with Outsurance, Budget and the likes but for your car insurance premium to DECREASE each year is something special.
Outsurance offers you a cash back bonus and claims to beat any quote out there or they will give you R350 cash in your pocket. Seems that Outsurance is the one to go with? Compare your car insurance quotes and if you so feel to have your insurance premium locked for up to 3 years you can choose to do so, however it will be best to compare car insurance quotes from various car insurance providers to get the best offer you can, The Insurance Bee does this!
With the increase in traffic on our roads, car insurance is something that is very important to have. It is important to get the best and most affordable option that suits your pocket and your profile.
Car insurance use various factors to determine what they will charge you for your car insurance. These factors include; age, how long you have had your driver’s licence, gender, and cost of previous payouts. When looking at car insurance quotes it is very important that you look at the excess that will be charged if you get into an accident. On top of all this there are also different types of cover you can choose. These options are comprehensive car insurance and 3rd party car insurance.
As you can see there are many factors that go into the amount you pay per month on car insurance. It is vitally important that you choose the correct insurance for your profile. You can do this by searching the internet for websites that compare car insurance quotes for you, at NO charge. It is also very easy to sign up for insurance from these sites. These sites are free and you are not obliged to sign up for any of the quotes. They will save you time and money.
It is very important to get the insurance that is right for you. There are many factors that insurance companies use to determine what you pay, and not all insurance companies charge the same for the same risk profile. You can use a aggregator website to bring all quotes to you in one place. Saving you time and money!